Mark series headshells.. a few questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
So I'm interesting in changing out the front grille cloth area of a Mark IV short headshell. Currently it has black cloth and the old script Mesa/Boogie logo on it.

Originally I was going to just order a 'boogie' badge from Mesa to put on it but it looks like it may be easy to just disconnect that one piece from the headshell? Does anyone have experience with that? I would like to recover it with the tan jute cloth I have on my Stiletto Ace.

If it's challenging to remove I might just go for the new badge. Do I need to know anything before screwing in the badge? Can I use the old screwholes from the previous one?

You don't have to do anything extra to take off the logo on those kinds. Just unscrew it. It's screwed straight into the baffle.

You probably won't be able to use the same screwholes - I changed from a Mesa/Boogie logo to a Boogie logo (like you?) on my combo and used the left screwhole, but the metal logo itself is too short to use the original logo.

You may prefer to use new holes, depending on where you want to align the logo. I'm cool with mine.

front.JPG

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Removing that baffle.. easy to do or should I just leave it black? :p

Having taken my combo mostly apart, I would not **** with that. Heh.

Hey nice score with that IIC+ to. I want one. If I had $1800 I'd probably buy a MKIV and another Thiele though. :D

Platypus said:
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Removing that baffle.. easy to do or should I just leave it black? :p[/quote

I would leave both alone. The Boogie logo is from the MK IV and is not technically the correct one. The baffle holding the grill cloth has 8,000 staples in it. You could, however have ordered a IIC+ with either the Boogie logo or the Mesa/Boogie logo. If you must have an era correct Boogie logo, I sold one on E-Bay a few years ago and it went for $ 45. I also watched a perfect IIC+ DRG EV combo not sell on E-Bay because it had the Mesa/Boogie logo. I won't divulge what I paid, but I was in West Virginia the next day to pick it up in person. An 8 hour round trip was well worth it. :D

Yeah I realize it's not period correct but I'd like to have the Boogie logo for it. I think I'm gonna leave that baffle alone knowing it's that much of a ***** to mess with it now.

I don't really care for the look of the M/B logo so I'd like to have it match my Mark IV :)

Latest posts

Back