Mark IV Short Head shell!?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomMartin

Reaction score
does anybody know how much these cost to order from mesa boogie? I emailed them and they told me to phone them, I live in uk and could do without making a really long distance phone call, does anybody know?

6L6C said:
There is going to be no short head with the Mark V

You did an excellent job of answering someone else's question, but not the OP's.

I think around $250, man. You could go to www.vintageboogie.com too, they make good stuff. Or GTS here on the forum can make them for you.

I ordered my custom Mark IV headshell direct from Mesa, and have also odered custom headshells for my DC-2 and Mark I. Here is the cost breakdown:

Base price w/black taurus tolex (empty shell - no reverb) - $249
Reverb tank installation - $59 (I highly recommend if you can afford it)

Standard upcharges for tolex and custom finishes apply. For example, if you order yours with custom tolex it will cost you $179, which includes your choice of tolex and grille (black, gold, tan). My Mark IV headshell cost me $487 before tax and shipping (orange bronco tolex, tan grille, vintage Mark I "Boogie" logo, reverb tank installed, tan leather handle and corners). This should give you a very good idea, the only variable will of course be shipping.

Back