Mark iv refund

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesebox

Reaction score
I ordered a Mesa Boogie Mark iv combo back in June but there was such a delay from the shop that I finally gave up waiting and cancelled the order. Now I have the money back I am thinking of either getting a Mark iv head and 2x12 recto cab (from another dealer!), or maybe something different like a Cornford Hellcat. Should I stick with the Mark iv?

Do you live in a third world country? :shock:

Ever hear of Guitar Center? They were "blowing out" MKIV's a while ago, because Mesa was discontinuing them/re-vamping the MKIV line up.

Sorry, forgot to mention I live in the UK (not sure if you consider that third world)

RussB said:
Do you live in a third world country? :shock:

Ever hear of Guitar Center? They were "blowing out" MKIV's a while ago, because Mesa was discontinuing them/re-vamping the MKIV line up.

This is a rumor. The MK IV is alive an well and GC spun this. There is no MK IV replacement.

I've got the MkIV head and 2x12 Recto cab (Vintage 30 speakers). If you're into metal, then this is the cab for you. Great for hard rock, too. Now I haven't really experienced the thieles but you will not be disappointed with the recto cab.

http://www.worldguitars.co.uk claim to have at least 1 mkiv. also try the main uk distributors in glasgow, http://www.westsidedistribution.com they might be able to help.

or there is always ebay ...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mesa-Boogie-MK-IV-combo_W0QQitemZ7349661281QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Boogiebabies said:
This is a rumor. The MK IV is alive an well and GC spun this. There is no MK IV replacement.

A good rumor, perhaps, but Gutar Center WAS selling MKIV's for about $1000

commentary,

there is a spot in each member's profile that asks "where you're from" Its cool to actually PUT where you're from in there, because, well, it just IS! :D

Boogiebabies said:

100% true - I have it from the horses mouth and our UK distributor that there are absolutely no plans to alter the Mark IV, revise it or scrap it. The distributor went as far as to say they will NEVER stop Mark IV production as it is too successful.

Brian :) (IN THE U.K.)

Cheesebox,

Where was it ordered from and what were their reasons for the delay. I had a similar situation but there are several places in the U.K. which have a Mark IV in stock, according to Westside Distribution. Sound Control said it had been discontinued and was no longer made - totally innacurate.

Try a Lonestar 2X12 too - it is also a mega amp - I tried that against my Mark IV Hardwood before biting the bullet, swallowing any chance of financial security and buying the Mark IV.

I bought mine from Guitar Guitar in Edinburgh.

Brian :)

Thanks for the replies. It was ordered from www.soundsmusical.com although I didnt really want to give them any publicity. Now that I have I will also add that they are crap. Their reasons were as follows:

"I rand the distributors of the Mesa Boogie range and I have been told that this particular item is on a serious back order. They quoted that they still had orders from March.

I was also told that they would be getting a new batch in at the beginning of October (!) but that they couldnt garentee delivery to us due to the back order. I am sorry that I cannot give you any good news on this matter. Your order is still with us and we will hold it if you wish to wait."

I will also add that when i ordered the amp it was at a price of £1,593 which is very cheap for the UK (it's now £1.8k+) and I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with the "delay"?

Anyway, I did check out the links in the posts above and was tempted again by the Boogie, but I think I will buy the Cornford after all.

Cheers.

Hey British Isle Dudes,

There is this fellow who posts at "The Gear Page"

John Phillips is his name, he's in Scotland, and he is an experienced Tech who favours Mesa amps...just figured I'd throw that out there, n case you ever need service.

The Mark IV isn't being discontinued. Plus, I did buy my Mark IV head and 2x12 vertical recto cab brand new for $1229 last December at GC. Ended up selling it for $1900.

Latest posts

Back