Mark IV problems - noise & mode switching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techlectic

Reaction score
Just bought a Mark IV used. While checking it out it I had the sound start to break up when the volume was up and I was hitting low notes (all channels). He gave me a great deal to save himself a trip to a tech. But now I have to figure out what's wrong. It doesn't fit into the description of the typical tube problems. It actually sound a lot like what another solid state amp I bought (Rockman XP100) has been doing. Since I got home with it, I have not heard the problem again. That's cool, until it crops up again at a gig.

Now I can't change channels - neither the footswitch nor the switch on the back will get it out of R2. Anyone seen this before?

Absolutely love the amp otherwise. I had a Mark III for many years but had to sell once when I needed the money, and I like this more. The only thing that stops me from thinking I'll have this forever is that it doesn't have the beautiful hardwood cabinet.

Latest posts

Back