Mark IV owners - Do you pull your lead presence?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Hero

Reaction score
For lead tones. I find it somewhat smoother - I think - than when it's pushed in, but the manual seems to say that pushed in, there are more low frequencies. I normally add more lows to my sound to smooth it out.

My ears aren't deceiving me are they? Presence pulled seems to have a smoother top end...

I just tried it pushed in again. And I just can't decide lol.

i really dont like the presence pulled on lead..its too trebbly for me..i have the fat pulled and the bright pushed in to get the fattest lowest possible sound..it sounds great on my C tuned jackson :)

Lucifer said:
i really dont like the presence pulled on lead..its too trebbly for me..i have the fat pulled and the bright pushed in to get the fattest lowest possible sound..it sounds great on my C tuned jackson :)

I have the fat pulled, bright pushed in. Presence pulled gives the smoothest lead tones, IMO.

i think its too fuzzy then :S dont know..didnt quite bother with it..tried it once or twice and didnt like it..

It really does add an element of smooth to the lead but I'm with Russ on this, I'm pulling knobs more than tap dancing on footswitches as of late :p

I know there's an awful joke in there somewhere ;)

I it loses focus when the presense is pulled..the bottom end goes woofy and the top's go buzzy..pushed is the most tightest lead around..

Depends on the guitar & speakers.
I never really tried pulled until last week & it didn't sound too bad.

Isn't that supposed to be the option for a MKII lead tone ?

I didn't bassy or woofy as some describe .

But then again I haven't tried it loud with a band , thats where the truth comes out 8)

Is there any difference in the presence control behaviour between the IVA and the IVB?
Regards

igfraso said:
Is there any difference in the presence control behaviour between the IVA and the IVB?
Regards

I don't think so?

I normally play with it pulled, but today, I had it pushed in. I really can't decide which sounds smoother... each have elements of smooth to them. I think pushed is fatter, but somewhat harsher, from what I can tell?

Back