mark iv - metal - just clip not song

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aramism

Reaction score
ok i don't know if anyone rembers my old road king posts. i love that amp still but there is a new love in my life. a couple of months ago i got a used mark iv b head and i also moved into a new studio and got more experience (still learning) at recording, and mixing.

i just made up a riff on the spot and double tracked. i played bass (direct sansamp) and drums myself and i'm not that great at them so don't mind the playing. i also forgot to include (it was like 3am) the kick drum in the final mixdown and didn't notice it for some reason. i need to make some adjustments after hearing it the "morning after" so i will repost. thoughts?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=643671 (TRACK TITLED "MARK IV...")

Aramism said:
ok i don't know if anyone rembers my old road king posts. i love that amp still but there is a new love in my life. a couple of months ago i got a used mark iv b head and i also moved into a new studio and got more experience (still learning) at recording, and mixing.

i just made up a riff on the spot and double tracked. i played bass (direct sansamp) and drums myself and i'm not that great at them so don't mind the playing. i also forgot to include (it was like 3am) the kick drum in the final mixdown and didn't notice it for some reason. i need to make some adjustments after hearing it the "morning after" so i will repost. thoughts?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=643671 (TRACK TITLED "MARK IV...")

Man everytime I hear a Mark IV I'm impressed! I listended to the earlier ROV track first and then the Mark IV track. I'm not sure if you were more excited playing it through the Mark or inspired by the recent purchase but I liked the Mark version much better! I'll blame you if I end up keeping the ROV and buying a Mark! That might keep me off the couch with the wife! :lol:

good job. Mark sounds good. if i were you tho, hook up with some DOD. Drums on Demand. nice sounding cheap drum loops. it sure makes a difference when things are in time. unless you are going for that "raw" sound. ha ha ha.

well i mean im not the drummer for my band really. i play guitar so i was just playing for the sake of putting it in the mix. i have dkfh and all that stuff but im a fan of natural drums (though the kick was triggered but i forgot to place in mix)

thanks for kind words.

clutch - i wasn't neccesarily more inspired i just got better at recording and am in a much better room (acoustically treated, wood floors) so i can crank the amp and like i said i'm getting better at making things sound good. i'm not even halfway to where i want to be but everyones gotta climb the ladder.

ok REMIXED this time with kick drum and i remixed drums (same tracks)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=643671

also

l_c41951cc925edb9956eb19fc52abba01.jpg

l_0c0a796068415b7768a76e728ffdc585.jpg

l_6771085f39681f4892a6176b5451f7bb.jpg

thanks for the kind words. it is actualy not a real song i just wanted to record it to i came up with a riff on te spot and played it over a bunch of times. maybe i can turn it into something who knows!

That's a cool little riff. Sounds to me somewhere between Primus and Rob Zombie.

intresting take. i'm not really heavily influenced by either of those bands. guess it just came out that way...

Latest posts

Back