Mark IV jiggly knobs...easy fix?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxMack

Reaction score
I am not a tech...
but one of my mark fours has loose feeling knobs and one of the led's
is loose, and the selector on the back for channel 1 channel 2 footswitch etc turns all the way around.

There is not a tech in my city...would I be able to fix these things myself?

(provided I discharged the amp first?)

I had that problem too with the channel selector on my first IVA.
I brought to Peter van Weelden(EVH old amptech, lives about 20 miles form here) and he replaced the relais and switch because it was abused(the whole amp was a mess, thanks to the former owner).

Costed me about a 100 euro's back in the day.

When I bought my A on ebay it got roughed up in shipping and the channel selector knob wouldn't work on all channels, 1 led didn't light up, the knob felt like a pot when I turned ( no detents just a smooth turn). It turns out that the selector switch has a plastic two piece body that snaps together or in my case unsnaps apart.You will have to pull the amp out of the case to see it. MAKE SURE YOU DISCHARGE THE CAPS FIRST! If you're lucky all you'll have to do is snap it back together. Cost for a new selector is in the $10 range in the states.

When I bought my A on ebay it got roughed up in shipping and the channel selector knob wouldn't work on all channels, 1 led didn't light up, the knob felt like a pot when I turned ( no detents just a smooth turn). It turns out that the selector switch has a plastic two piece body that snaps together or in my case unsnaps apart.You will have to pull the amp out of the case to see it. MAKE SURE YOU DISCHARGE THE CAPS FIRST! If you're lucky all you'll have to do is snap it back together. Cost for a new selector is in the $10 range in the states.

P.S. My wife's knobs are jiggly and have been the source of many missed notes and forgotten lyrics!

Latest posts

Back