Mark IV Footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I know this mounts to the Combo's but do these also mount to the head versions as well?

Sorry if it's a DUMB question, I've had a combo, and may be buying a head, but the guy I'm buying off of says the footswitch doesn't mount to the head, is this normal? I just wanna be SAFE!

Can’t say about the short head but the foot switch will mount to the medium head but some guys including myself get rid of the mounting brackets. It’s a real tight fit and curling up that cable just the right way to make it fit is just to dam annoying and its right by the power tubes.

It mounts to the shorthead, but the cable gets bent at an awkward angle. Its a real pity the cable can't be detatched.

I agree. I wish the cable were detachable on both ends. I have my MKIV controller mounted to my pedalboard and have to roll the cable up and leave in on top of the pedalboard always. I actually thought about modding the footswitch, putting a 6 pin XLR connector on the pedal end too. I may still do it if I can find the oddball jack and plug.

Ah... found 'em!

Mouser has them but they're not cheap.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=JfNPhaIww3KnWeefv0grCg%3d%3d

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=JfNPhaIww3KB1LLbd0zQCA%3d%3d

Worth a shot though.

let me know how that project goes. I've got an MKIV-A short head also. The pedal board fits, but you pretty much have to "cram" the cord up in there, pretty snug on the back.. I'd also like the option of having a short or long detachable cord depending the gig situation.

yep I got the short head and the footswitch is mountable, though I havent done it. doesnt seem very conventional as the cable isnt detachable like everyone has allready stated.....I think I've actually tried and failed to mount it....the mounting "locks" just dont seem too safe.

yep I got the short head and the footswitch is mountable, though I havent done it. doesnt seem very conventional as the cable isnt detachable like everyone has allready stated.....I think I've actually tried and failed to mount it....the mounting "locks" just dont seem too safe.

The footswitch mounts on the back of all versions, but the widebody combo and medium head are less fiddly and there's more room for the cable ! :D I think it's a great idea and with practice it's quite quick too.

Latest posts

Back