Mark IV Footswitch Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tre4J

Reaction score
I noticed when I have my FX loop not assigned to any channels, when I am in LEAD mode the LEAD EQ LED has a dim light on.

Is this common?

I think near the end of the band practice I don't remember seeing it. Any idea what makes this happen? Anything to be concerned about?

I think the LED's are sketchy on the IV. haha I remember wondering if mine worked when I first got it... now it's working again...

On my older Mark IV I remember having to tap it and then it would return to being bright. Same thing on the amp. They changed the lights at some point to a more sturdy type. Not sure if you are referring to the older, more bulbous lights or the newer flatter lights. The newer lights didn't move within the sockets like the old ones either.

Hey...my first time here...
A little question about the mark 4 footswich.
Is there something else we can use to replace this footswitch???
Like a footswich that do the midi program change and the boogie channel at the same time???
I hope my question is clear???
Thanks.

trem said:
On the footswitch or on the amp?

Sorry, I meant to say on the footswitch.

I notice this only when I've taken the loop FX off of being assigned to a channel. When I am on just the LEAD, the LEAD EQ button has a dim LED showing.

normandk7 said:
Hey...my first time here...
A little question about the mark 4 footswich.
Is there something else we can use to replace this footswitch???
Like a footswich that do the midi program change and the boogie channel at the same time???
I hope my question is clear???
Thanks.
You have to use relay switchers which are midi controlled. I think the TC G-Major has this feature, midi controlled of course. You have to set the amp to 'external switching'. You're channel switching option is limited by the number of relays the switcher has though.

Axess CFX4 is more versatile. Midi controlled. Uses a custom cable (which you have to buy extra) that's connected to the existing footswitch jack on the amp, so no extra wire jungles behind the amp.
http://www.axess-electronics.com/sc/CFX4-Control-Function-Switcher-p-16136.html

Tre4J said:
I notice this only when I've taken the loop FX off of being assigned to a channel. When I am on just the LEAD, the LEAD EQ button has a dim LED showing.
Can't help you on this one sorry. Does this affect the sound in any way? You mean you're on the lead channel without switching on the EQ?

I don't know how other to explain but using the Lead channel is fine. Using the Lead EQ channel is fine.

But I notice when I have the loop assignment off and I go to the LEAD channel, it looks like the button beside it (LEAD EQ) is a bit dim, although I am still playing on the LEAD channel.

Most likely since all the functions are working normally you are seeing a bit of light bleed through from the LD LED next to it. If the 74LS138 chip in the FU3 (or one of the others) were going lame you would most likely be experiencing "gremlin switching phenomenon" or it would fail altogether.

Back