Mark IV Flight Case

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain Fever

Reaction score
I'm looking for a travel case (not flying anywhere) for my Mark IV. Really all I am trying to do is make sure that there are no scuffs when I am transporting in my car. Light-weight will be preferred.

I may have seen something on E-Bay, but I really know nothing of the seller or the manufacturer.

Thanks!

A good case isn't going to be light! I've got a head shell Anvil case and it adds a good ten pounds to the MIV head. The head weighs 45 lbs and with the case it is closer to 60 lbs. It's noticeably heavier that's for sure. I can only imagine how much heavier a combo case would make the amp. But, if it keeps your amp from getting all scratched up from throwing it in your car then it is worth the extra weight, right? Good luck in your search. I'll keep my eyes/ears open for ya...

The stuff on e-bay is basically all made by the same seller who goes under different names depending on what level case you're looking at.

I went through an agonizing process trying to figure it all out, and after calling all the numbers of all the sellers, I realized I was talking to the same guy. Like you, I'm not planning any world tours, so I didn't need a case that was true ATA spec. FWIW, if you are looking for that, you're going to spend a minimum of $400 to get something decent. And as manetioned, they weigh a ton.

The e-bay cases actually aren't all that bad, and will do what you want, but you have to make sure you spec it out with everything you want/need. For example, some of the "basic" cases look good, but only have carpet inside, which isn't really going to help much or offer any real level of protection. I got mine with foam inside, recessed latches, wheels on the bottom, and non-recessed handles, and I think it came in at around $160. It's worked well for what I use it for (protecting against accidental dings during load in/out. It's protecting my bubinga and wicker F-50.

I think I have other posts out there on the same topic where I get into greater detail.

These are not quite as road worthy as a "roadcase", but are very good at protecting your gear from scuffs and dings, with much lighter weight. I have three of their clamshell gig bags with double padding. :D

http://www.studioslips.com/slipcover.php

i have roads cases that i got with my amp's.. the one for my mk IV is so heavy i have trouble lifting it but saying this i would say you could fire a .22 at it and it wouldn't do anything..

I had a road case for one of my heads that had a built in rack, so I could make fewer trips from the car to the venue, and it's not worth it. I'm using the padded covers from lecover.com and they work really well, light weight, protective, lots of padding, and fairly cheap compared to the alternatives. It completely protects the amp on all sides. If you handle your own gear, or people you trust do, there is no reason to get a hard case for your head.

Latest posts

Back