Mark IV: EFX Loop Auto-Assign?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Spending more time with the Mark IV, I'm starting to make us of its numerous features to make my live playing a little easier.

It looks like R2 with EQ will be perfect for my main rhythm tone....I can auto assign the EQ to R2, and switching is easy.

As for the Loop, I only use it for leads when I'm on the lead channel....so, I saw that their is an auto-assign on the back, next to the loop.

If I switch this to lead, will the loop engage every time I go to the lead channel, all by itself?

If so, I'm back done to one button switching, with a tubescreamer for boosts :)

Thanks for the input!

I have an "A" version. I have it so when I switch to lead my delay and a little bit of reverb comes on automatically when I tap the lead footswitch and then they are off as soon as I go to R1. It is an awesome feature to have an assignable effects loop. And I have the GEQ so that it only comes on with the Lead&EQ footswitch.

The rocker switches in the back will turn the loop on to whatever you have it set to. I use to keep mine on r1 and Lead with a little delay and phase and never bothered hitting the f/x button on the footswitch. Probably one of the best features of the IV is well thought out switching of f/x loop, if only it had the same options with the GEQ.

Latest posts

Back