mark iv effects loop Q

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsic

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie Q- when i engage my effects loop, with nothing connected, i still hear a faint version of my guitar ... shouldnt i hear NOTHING, since its a series loop?

Thanks!

Dude that isn't meant to happen.. your amp is series but it's only on when you have something pluged into it.. clean out your jack input's to your FX.. then it should work..

Shep said:
Dude that isn't meant to happen.. your amp is series but it's only on when you have something pluged into it.. clean out your jack input's to your FX.. then it should work..[/quote

Thanks Shep-- what i did was connect my pod x3 live thru the fx loop-- and i turned the pod output all the way down (so it was on, and fully connected, with the output essentially muted). I still hear a sound at about 1/3 volume coming thru. Is this expected?

Wouldn't worry about it. It's the same thing that happens when you crank your channel volume to 10 and your output to 0. You're still gonna hear a faint signal bleeding through.

Shep said:
Dude that isn't meant to happen.. your amp is series but it's only on when you have something pluged into it.. clean out your jack input's to your FX.. then it should work..

That's not true. The loop passes signal when nothing's plugged in, because the return jack shunts to the send.

He DOES have something plugged into it though, and the volume turned off. He's hearing LDR19 leaking dry signal...they're not perfectly on/off devices, and on top of that they (like everything else) have production tolerances.

Latest posts

Back