Mark IV & DMC Ground Control?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I want to add a DMC Ground Control Pro and Audio Switcher to my rig to take the tap dancing away from my setup. I now sing and play, so quick switching is a MUST.

Obviously, I can run my TS-9, and too be added chorus, and compressor in the loops of the Audio Switcher. That is not a problem.

How do I go about controlling the functions of the Mark IV? Can they be controlled via the audio switcher aswell? Or do I need another unit of some sort?

I will need these combinations:

Clean with Chorus and Compressor
Clean with Chorus, Compressor, and TS-9
R2
R2 w/ TS-9
Lead w/ EQ
Lead w/ Loop
Lead w/ Loop and TS-9

Will it be possible for me to achieve each of these with a touch of the button with the DMC setup?

I've also heard of Axess quite a bit....do they offer a similar alternative? More expensive or cheaper? Would a CFX4, with the custom cable for my Mark, help at all? Or could I do this all with the DMC alone?

Thanks for the info! Any recommendations on how I can get this running would be appreciated.

Looks like my question has been answered...I've been told all this is possible with the DMC units. If anyone has something to say otherwise, please chime in.

One more question though....cables....

What would you recommend? Obviously, the pedals in the "chain" need higher quality cables, but I'd need some sort of kit to make it all nice. Planet waves? George L's? I like planet waves, and have always used them, but are they good for this sort of an application...pliable enough?

As for triggers, shouldn't matter, as long as the cable works, correct?

By using the DMC for switching functions i believe you remove some of the looping capabilities so i suggest getting a dedicated switching unit. The axess cfx4 does this (mario even makes a special cable for the mark IV to switch all of the functions found on the footswitch), rockman octopus, nobel switcher, etc. The axess is probably the cheapest and smallest unit for what you want to do plus mario makes a special cable for the mark iv.

Greg

No PM received :(

And disassembled...what exactly do you mean by removing some of the looping capabilities? Are you saying some of these combinations will not be possible?

I use the GC Pro/GCX combo with my Mark IV but instead of separate efx pedals I use a rack mounted efx processor which connects via midi cable so all the switching jacks on the Mark IV (seven in all) are connected to the GCX with the eighth loop of the GCX connected to an MXR ten band EQ. This way all switching is done with a simple push of one button.

t0aj15 said:
I use the GC Pro/GCX combo with my Mark IV but instead of separate efx pedals I use a rack mounted efx processor which connects via midi cable so all the switching jacks on the Mark IV (seven in all) are connected to the GCX with the eighth loop of the GCX connected to an MXR ten band EQ. This way all switching is done with a simple push of one button.

I use the GC Pro/GCX and the cfx4 along with a g-major. The system works flawlessly and makes for effortless complex changes on the fly. I've had it set up for a few months and it's actually exceeding my expectations.

Oooops. I guess I got side-tracked and forgot to send my PM.

I just sent you one for real this time...

Sorry about that.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
No PM received :(

And disassembled...what exactly do you mean by removing some of the looping capabilities? Are you saying some of these combinations will not be possible?

When you use the DMC for switching you actually use the jacks for the loops. I don't know how many loops you would need for what you're doing but I feel it would probably suite you best to get a switcher instead of using some of the resources on the DMC for switching.

I used to use a Peavey midipro which had 4 A/B boxes Plus 8 switching relays which worked great for switching between rack gear and changing channels. The DMC only offers 8 loops and you CAN use it for channel switching but you have to start using your loops for that capability.

Does that make sense?

Greg

Latest posts

Back