Mark IV clip. Iron Maiden Losfer Words.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
Lead channel of the Mark IV. MC90 speaker from a halfback 2x12 and i used an EVM for the one main guitar solo in the middle. The MC90 is open back which isn't my favorite, I'm looking for a back panel. But with some tweaking i got the cab to sound how i like for the most part.

Pretty standard settings for the IV. Simul/pentode/tweed and NO boost pedals. I used a Wayne Charvel Strathead with a Mahoganey body.

UP the Irons. :D

http://www.musicv2.com/stream.php?id=36228

you still manage to get the best recording quality. how do you set up the mics and stuff man? you always nail the tone in the room.

Oh thank you. Trust me, I'm a noob at recording. I used a 609 mic and just lowered it over the speaker and my mic-pre is a cheap Audio buddy.

All of the rhythm tracks here are 2 tracks panned L and R. 1 rhythm track just doesn't sound that good to me. The speaker i used was part of the open back portion of my cab and i would prefer it to be closed. I think it will sound tighter with more punch once i seal it. The open back seems to add a lot ig high end and some mids.

Thanks for listening.

Sounds great as always daneyo. I have a few of your clips saved on my computer (mainly of the Mark IIc+ that I'm still in disbelief you got rid of :p ) and this one is going to join them.

shredi knight said:
Sounds great as always daneyo. I have a few of your clips saved on my computer (mainly of the Mark IIc+ that I'm still in disbelief you got rid of :p ) and this one is going to join them.

Thanks. But i did get a great offer for my IIC+ that i couldn't pass up. And i have a MINT MarkIV and a short head MarkIII now that i should be getting back from Boogie anyday now.

With the money i got from the IIC+ i could have bought 3 MarkIV's :D

guitarmaster said:
Real good job!!!!!! Powerslave 1984 - Losfer Words (Big 'Orra). I listen to metal since 1980, the eighties were my cup of tea!!!!!!
I would like to have a time machine to go back to the past, great years for metal, musical instruments and so on . You have covered this song very well, the tone is close to the original. I have to tell that I have always disliked Marshall tones , but you were forced to achieve a sound like the original,with a Mark IV not a Marshall : this clip shows the versatility of Mesa/Boogie amps .

I love all the old 80's metal so i guess we grew up listening to Marshalls. I used a few Marshalls in the 90's but i got sick and tired of fighting with soundmen at gigs. When you can crank the **** out of JCM800 then it sounds great, but screw that! The Boogies sound great at any volume which is the main reason why i switched over from Marshall. I mean, i once had my JCM800 on 1 at a show then the idiot soundguy tells me he didn't like my tone! And he was the one yelling at me to turn down. And we all know what a Marshall sounds like when it's not turned up loud :x

Great job as always danyeo. Btw, that bad tomatoe phone call clip was pretty funny lol.

it's that 609e microphone, i get great recordings with it as well and I'm a noob. I hate the sound of an sm57. One other thing I noticed in my old house with slanted high ceilings recording was effortless, but in a basement it was a pain in the butt. Your room plays a big role in the sound of your recordings.

I dont know why but I cant hear the recording. I just see a background that fades from dark grey to a pretty light gray. Could you possibly upload it somewhere else as I would really like to listen to this. Thanks.

PreventThis said:
I dont know why but I cant hear the recording. I just see a background that fades from dark grey to a pretty light gray. Could you possibly upload it somewhere else as I would really like to listen to this. Thanks.

Try following the link in my sig. There's an option to download it. See if that works. I just used the link and it still works for me.

I was able to download it but for some reason it wont stream. Oh well the song sounds great. You have a great tone coming out of that Mark IV. It sounds pretty dead on to the song. Great job.

Good job!

Man! you have alot of nice clips. BTW your version of wrathchild is better than the original! IMO...

Thanks for sharing.

Bro ! Thanks for the sound clip ! My band does Losfer Words and I have been thinking about getting a Mark IV. If I can coax tones like this out of it I will be done with Rectifiers for.........awhile at least :lol:

Up the Irons and pass the F*&^%$*G hairspray !

I haven't heard that song in 10 years - WOW I would have believed it if you told me it was THE record. very nice.

Latest posts

Back