Mark IV and G-System?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic-Creations

Reaction score
Hey all,
I was wondering if anybody here uses a G-system with their Mark IV, I haven't seen any posts about it but that doesn't mean you people are not out there. I have been very seriously considering this unit, especially considering it is coming down in price due to T.C's new releases. I would like to clean up my setup and make it a little more convenient. I like the idea of having almost everything at my feet in one unit.

So reading what I have posted down below, how do you connect the unit to the Mark IV's preamp? Maybe a dumb question but this is new to me. I also would like to do external switching so I could use the channel switching features.
1) Channel switching - CFX4 switcher, I would connect the 3 channels to the CFX4 and connect that via midi to the G-system, using latched signal?

2) Regular effects, like an overdrive would go into the g-systems loop?

3) After reading what's below, how do you connect it to the Mark IV's preamp, is that really the best option?

Quality
(Things not to do)Obviously, if it is plugged in front of the amp, it will create hiss as the whole line process goes through the FXs before hitting the preamp, so plz, dont do this, plus, if u plan to use the distortion from ur amp combined with the effects, it will sound really bad.

Also if you put it through the FX loop from ur amp and you have the distortion pedals working through the loops from the G system, I can assure by 100% that those pedals will sound terrible as they are not going through the preamp of the amp.

(To do) The best scenario to achieve maximum quality minimizing tone coloration an hums is by connecting the guitar to the unit, then run the main amps preamp through the loop 5(preamp loop)(This loop has to be first unlocked and activated). after that, all the outputs can just go straight to the power amp section of your amp. this way all the G system will act like a high tech preamp with FX and FX loops and all the Distortions will go preamp which is the expected scenario. Try this and then u will think twice about rating this unit with a 1.

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the help, sorry for being a newbie but I am very seriously considering this, give me your opinions folks!

Matt

Yeah, it is a really good combination. And as far as the G system loops, they go into the front of the amp if set up via the 4 cable method so they still sound really good through the loops, just like normal.

Latest posts

Back