Mark III tech work needed?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VJIII

Reaction score
My mark III red stripe was serviced by Mike B. 2.5 years ago and works flawlessly. My other blue stripe mark III I purchased used only a year ago as a project, it appeared to have suffered some of the usual rough treatment over the years by the previous owner. I cleaned it up, re-tolexed it (with red velvet and chromed nickel corners :D ) , re-tubed and it sounds great. But it has a couple curious behaviors...

First, if the lead master is set on 2 on my red stripe, I have to set the lead master on the blue stripe at 4.5 to get the same output level from the effects send and power amp. Is that much variance in the pots usual, or could it indicate that some repair work is needed?

Second, the reverb knob had been replaced by a mark IV style knob. I notice that some reverb leaks into the signal even when the reverb is off and set to zero. So I currently keep the reverb tank unplugged. Think it's been repaired by a lousy tech at some time?

Think it should go to Mike B.? It sounds ok, so I'm not sure if it's worth the price of a trip to Cali and back.

Back