MARK III R2 Level settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonedefpukeko

Reaction score
I'm Curious.....

I've tried a lot of things to bring my R1 and R2 levels into line and I ALMOST have a good match now (used a high gain tube in R1 and low gain tube in R2 to bring the heat down a little), but it's still not quite cutting it.

I would be interested to know how other people have dealt with this problem.....without resorting to the R2 mod (I'm living in Switzerland and it's kind impractical to send it to CA. and the Tec's here are VERY expensive, so would like to do it myself, without getting the blow torch out etc.)

At the moment I'm using the clean channel and an OD pedal instead of R2, but the tone compared to the real R2 is pretty pathetic. I also prefer to use the R2 'cos when I switch to the Lead Channel it (more or less) switches OVER the R2, compared to hiting the lead channel with the OD pedal in the line which weakens the punch from the lead channel. I try to avoid this, but I prefer to just play guitar and not to dance around hitting multiple switches at the same time :wink:

If anyone, or a bunch of people could suggest some tone settings, or work arounds then that would be great. Main problem is I'm only in the band room once or twice a week and only some 20 min before the rest of the band wanna turn up and play, so if I had a few headstarts I could keep everyone happy.

Cheers in advance.

The world is a better place with Boogie.

Latest posts

Back