Mark III - An Amp built for a thousand questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyBar3

Reaction score
My master volume is EXTREMELY touchy when going from 0-1 1/2. It goes from quiet as hell to really friggin loud, beyond bedroom volumes without a Power attenuator. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to stop this? I think it's probably just an old potentiometer, but I don't know anything about ordering a new one. I've replaced guitar pickups and soldered plenty of times, I just need a little info and confidence boost before I go in there and change out a pot.

Any one have the part info or know where I can buy a new one, or will cleaning work? And how exactly do you clean a pot?

Thanks

I had the same issue with my '88 blue stipe. I contacted the M/B company with my problem and bought ALL the pots. It was cheap (less than $50). It was a little rough getting in there and swapping them all out. One pot shouldn't be too tough. I'm no tech, just simple mods and guitar wiring. I drew everything out thouroughly beforehand. Here's the catch...It only slightly helped. All of the pots are now smoother and don't wobble, but the MV is still touchy from 0-1.5. For me it was worth it. BTW, I use a THD Hotplate with mine as well and LOVE it.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/US/info.html

Latest posts

Back