Mark IIC OR Mark IV???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richb

Reaction score
If you had a chance to trade your Mark IV combo to get a IIC combo 60/100 with reverb (no EQ) would you and why?
both are in pretty much the same condition(face plate's,pretty clean)
thx,
Richb

I would get it. You can get the EQ put in at the expense of the original faceplate. But thats not too bad. If it was Simul-Class I would take it in a heartbeat.

dmt said:
I would get it. You can get the EQ put in at the expense of the original faceplate.
hmm, interesting. any idea of the cost?

You can get the EQ put in at the expense of the original faceplate

how's that and from whom?
Richb

richb said:

Richb
Mike B will do it, but because Mesa is out of C+ faceplates they use Mark III faces instead. He'll install a Mark IV GEQ unit.

Cost: I'm guessing at least $300-$400 (+ shipping), which includes a basic amp check-up. Or, you could just run an eq in the loop, which Mike B. will very likely recommend (cheaper).

To answer the original question: I think IICs are less expensive than Mark IV's so I'd say no trade. I love my IIC, but market prices for each amp would suggest it's not an even trade.

Regarding Simul vs 60/100: I think it's a matter of individual taste and playing style. Some prefer vanilla, etc.

richb said:

Richb

It will be a MkIII faceplate, as MESA has long since run out of the MkIIC+ EQ ones. Mike B. will be the one who does it, and it will not be cheap.

If it were me, I would keep the MkIV. You could even have Mike do a simulclass upgrade to the MkIIC(+) when the EQ was installed, but then you would have WAAAAY too much money invested if you ever wanted to sell it. :evil:

Don't you already have a 60w IIC+? I would keep hold of the Mark IV and either sell it or wait for a Simul-Class IIC+ to come along.

dodger916 said:
Random Hero said:
Don't you already have a 60w IIC+? I would keep hold of the Mark IV and either sell it or wait for a Simul-Class IIC+ to come along.
Yes he does, and if memory serves, his 60 watter has an Eq. So Rich: can you share your newest plan? :lol:
Plan?
god i honestly don't know.
all i know is,i'm so happy with my 60W C+
the sound coming from my amp is just AWESOME!!!
I love how tight it is.
after talking to JP i finally got some great setting off him.my lead tone is just smoking.so with all that said i don't even plug into my IV anymore.i got offered a trade for a IIC combo and for a short ti8me i was thinking about it.(isn't that what we do) :lol:
anyway i desided NOT to trade my IV BUT it's still for sale.
I have a few things to fund and the first is my petrucci Koa which should be ready for me next month(there VERY expensive)
about the simlu class__
I'm not sure i really want one.i A/B one with mine 60W and to be honest i felt mine to be tighter and a bit more Raw...
in the future if one does come up i'll look into it but i'm waiting for the next release from Mesa(guess what it'll be)hahahaha
Richb

richb said:
dodger916 said:
Random Hero said:
Yes he does, and if memory serves, his 60 watter has an Eq. So Rich: can you share your newest plan? :lol:
Plan?
god i honestly don't know.
all i know is,i'm so happy with my 60W C+
the sound coming from my amp is just AWESOME!!!
I love how tight it is.
after talking to JP i finally got some great setting off him.my lead tone is just smoking.so with all that said i don't even plug into my IV anymore.i got offered a trade for a IIC combo and for a short ti8me i was thinking about it.(isn't that what we do) :lol:
anyway i desided NOT to trade my IV BUT it's still for sale.
I have a few things to fund and the first is my petrucci Koa which should be ready for me next month(there VERY expensive)
about the simlu class__
I'm not sure i really want one.i A/B one with mine 60W and to be honest i felt mine to be tighter and a bit more Raw...
in the future if one does come up i'll look into it but i'm waiting for the next release from Mesa(guess what it'll be)hahahaha
Richb

can u please tell us his settings for the iic+

I have a loaded C and a IV. I love both amps.

I like the overall tone of the C's lead and clean channels better than the IV's.

That said, the IV has an extra channel (R2) which I really like and it is much more versatile.

Given the fact that the IV sounds pretty good and its versatility, and the fact that the C you are looking at doesn't have a graphic EQ, if it were me, I would keep the IV and not make the trade.

Latest posts

Back