Mark IIB knobs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupcupcup

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a Mark IIB combo, serial number 10335. From what I have read, all Mark IIB amps had black knobs with silver tops, but mine are solid black like you see on the IICs. The presence knob on the back, however, is silver topped. I do not think the front knobs have been replaced because they look worn and used. Are they original? Also, there is Mike Bendinelli's initials on the back by the power cord...did he do this on all IIBs?

Me too, I have a few knobs on my MkIIb that either the chrome part is missing or kinda rusty, I would love to replace them with new ones..

cupcupcup said:
Hi, I recently purchased a Mark IIB combo, serial number 10335. From what I have read, all Mark IIB amps had black knobs with silver tops, but mine are solid black like you see on the IICs. The presence knob on the back, however, is silver topped. I do not think the front knobs have been replaced because they look worn and used. Are they original? Also, there is Mike Bendinelli's initials on the back by the power cord...did he do this on all IIBs?

Mine is a late model IIB, and has all black knobs too, so I think they are original..I don't now about the initials..

Dutchman said:
Close but the Boogie knobs go from 0 to 10.
Yeah, supposed that will make a significant difference in tone :lol:
uh ... use "whiteout" for "0" ....[?] :lol:

I have a MKIIB with all black knobs as well. I am the original owner and it was shipped in October of 1983. Great amp! I never had it fail on me, and it actually has the original pre amp tubes in it.

My only complaint is it is now too heavy for me to pick up, so it sits at home.

The IIB amps all caome with the "silver" knobs. With the IIC, MESA switched to the "Top Hat" knobs.

ROGAN made the "silver" knobs for MESA. They will do another run for me if I buy 750 odd or so. They are not cheap, so it would require a significant number of folks to pony up for sets of 10 and I can then order a bunch.

Mike B also said he would take a couple hundred.

SO - are there enough folks out there that want to pre-buy so I can order?

BWK

Back