Mark II C+ Colliseum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantomlord2oo

Reaction score
Soo... I just bought a Mark II C+ Colliseum for under $2000. The serial number is K3xx (I can't make out the last 2 numbers) and has white tortex. It doesn't have reverb or the graphic EQ. From what I've read, they're VERY rare. I have a few questions though.

I don't think it's coming with a footswitch to change the channels. Will the one from the Mesa store work, it's designed for the Mark II?
Also, is there anyway to turn the FX loop on and off with a footswitch?
Do they have SimuClass?

BTW, it'll be shipped out to me on Monday from Oregon. I live in Maryland so it'll take some time to get to me. I've very excited!

+Mike+

haha, i don't know how to spell that word. it's not a simuclass and the output transformer is bigger and hotter than the 105 model. also the tubes are new mesas. the serial's k398 which fits in with the "Mark IIC/IIC+ Series 300: K337 to K422 = 86 Series 300 Mark IIC/C+." Made in 1984.

+Mike+

phantomlord2oo said:
...the output transformer is bigger and hotter than the 105 model. also the tubes are new mesas. the serial's k398 which fits in with the "Mark IIC/IIC+ Series 300: K337 to K422 = 86 Series 300 Mark IIC/C+." Made in 1984.

+Mike+
You do realize you have one of the loudest if not the loudest guitar tube amp!
29_3_6.gif

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/IIBHead.html

Here's a link to some valuable information on the Colesium 300 Series that was in a previous post.

So UPS just dropped it off this morning (along with the footswitch i ordered separately, very convient) and wow... It's amazing! I'm in love.

The only issue is that it comes with a fan and it was making a lot of weird noises like it was rubbing against something but there's nothing for it to rub against. I read the little manual Mesa/Boogie provides on their web site and it said I can unplug the fan so I did that. Will that cause problems in the long run?

But the tone is amazing! It doesn't have the EQ, reverb, or SimuClass but it sounds amazing! I've very satisified.

+Mike+

Cool ...
Yeah, I like the Mark IIs because minimium tweaking and you could get a good sound or in my case a great sound (I'm old school: Fender on steriods w/ midrange). It doesn't have versatility like Mark III or IV since those are whole different animals.

Yes, those muffin fans will sound noisey and my go out on you. But replacements are very common at hi fi shops and even guitar shops, internet guitar shops etc ... the dimension are fairly universal.

You may play with the fan off but I would replace it as soon as possible.

Uh, good luck on tube changing, gulp, sextet of 6L6s.

Other than that, expect neighbor complaints. Colesium 300 Series, Loud!!!
4_6_100.gif

Latest posts

Back