mark 4 users..where do you keep your 750 slider on the eq?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Play with it until you like the sound without eq at all. Love your amazing tone with no eq. Then and only then start messing with the eq. You can try every possible position by moving it a bit then playing so where we keep it is not where you should keep it. besides your room is different than mine. But if you get the IV where you want it without the EQ then EQ it you will really appreciate the IV instead of trying to find a tone with the EQ. If you already have done all this I keep mine just a hair below the midpoint.

This is the one slider I play with the most because I find it gives you the most tonal variety of the five sliders. I normally set it right under the mid point because that's what sounds the best to my ears.

Never owned a Mark IV, but on both my Mark III and V it's been the same - somewhere around halfway between the two lines. I nudge it up closer to the middle line for rock and nudge it down a bit lower for metal. The Marks already have an abundance of mids, so there's plenty of room to get creative within that range without totally hollowing out your tone.

For leads it's cool to turn the V into a W by bumping the 750hz slider up above the centre line.

For the IIIs and the IVs, I always felt my comfort zone for the 750hz was just a hair below the mid-line. Any lower and I feel it just gets too saggy droopy tits.

~Nep~

I run a pretty strong V for my lead channel with the 750 about halfway below the mid line. The amp has a ton of mids already as others have said. I usually run my actual mid knob around 7 or 8 so there's still plenty of grind but the "California Smile" just makes it get nice and chunky. I actually like to play with the 240 slider more. That thing can change the character of your tone like crazy.

Mine has been going down progressively for awhile. I go back and forth between the mark IVA and the midsy 5150 (mids on 5, red ch), and I keep my 750 sitting on the bottom line, bottom of fader resting on top of line. Mid knob at 8.

Back