Mark 3 tone knobs...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troncogarage

Reaction score
Hi there
i'm a new owner of a fantastic MKIII! It really sounds fantastic but i have some questions for u since it's used stuff (of course) and i'd like to fully test it...

First of all: strangely enough (at least for me...) when i set to zero HIGH,MID and BASS KNOBS, the AMP becomes completely MUTE!! Is this a natural behaviour?? Furhtermore it seems that the amount of distorsion of the lead channel is heavily modified by equalizer setting.... i've never had a tube amp before this so i'm quite surprised by this response.....

Thanks in advance!!

I believe it IS normal for you to have no sound when the EQ controls are set to zero.

Also - the distortion is heavily modified by the graphic EQ settings. This is also normal.

I have a Mk. III. It takes a while to get used to the interactivity of the controls. But once you do - it's a total monster!

Keep it up. Keep tweaking!

It is normal to have no signal with the tone controls off.
With the 2200 and 6600 sliders, raising them give more treble frequencies and the effect is the perception of more gain.

Latest posts

Back