LSS tone settings for trad jazz or larry carlton tones?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangit

Reaction score
I bet folks here have some great recipes for tone settings for traditional jazz tones or larry carlton tones using LSS?

Any advice?

Thanks!

I love jazz, and I also like Larry Carlton. In fact, there is a radio statio here in Toronto that plays jazz 24hrs a day, 7 days a week (saturdays they a few hours of blues). That station is on every radio in my house, pre-programed, and on my car stereo! I probably own close to a 1000 jazz CDs. However, while I have a LSS, and love it, I don`t really play a lot of jazz. Mostly blues. Having said that, I used the manual as a guide, and then fine tweaked their suggestions on the clean channel, which is where your jazz is. Quite black face, as I'm sure you know. I don't know what else to add other than that. I suspect from posts that I have read here, that there are not a lot of jazz players on this forum. Replies to some questions can be slow.

Maybe not alot of jazz players here but the LSC does to my ears, a pretty smooth jazz tone right out the gate. I listen my amp tech play some real nice jazz stuff on my amp with a LP. Things always sound different when someone else plays your equipment. The LSC/LSS are known for being smooth/warm amps, so I don't see why they can't do the jazz thang.

i like the lss clean sound alot too! just hunting for all the tone tips i can get!!
and, since i see a tremendous amount of expertise shared here, i thought i'd see what help i can get. i'm grateful for all suggestions.

some folks may feel that an es335 is not really the right axe for trad jazz tones. others feel that only 6l6 or 6v6 tube amps give the right sound. so i'm just checking to compare other players thoughts...

cheers!

I never really use the thick/thicker switch much but, to get a Carlton tone, that's the way I'd go.

Latest posts

Back