LSS No Sound On 5 & 15 Watt Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fin

Reaction score
I've got no sound on the 5 and 15 watt settings but the amp works fine on the 30 watt position. Is this problem likely to be a bad 5Y3 rectifier tube?

Thanks.

on the back try switching from "rectifier tracking " to the silicon diode (or whatever it's called). This will bring the solid state rectifier on line for all three power settings. Might just be a bad rectifier tube....
Jim

av8or3 said:
on the back try switching from "rectifier tracking " to the silicon diode (or whatever it's called). This will bring the solid state rectifier on line for all three power settings. Might just be a bad rectifier tube....
Jim

I think you're getting confused with the Lonestar classic... there is no switch for this on the special... or I'm getting confused :D

Mork said:
av8or3 said:
Jim

I think you're getting confused with the Lonestar classic... there is no switch for this on the special... or I'm getting confused :D

I stand corrected :oops:
Jim

Mesa has a 'fix' for this. Try to contact them and see what they have to say. In the last year I think one member here got it fix by Mesa but never reported back what the fix is or was it successful or not

I wasn't the person who posted info about the rectifier fix earlier, but I recently had it done at Mesa Hollywood. The tech just clipped a couple of 470 ohm resistors--said it reduced the current draw on the 5Y3.

I've been using a NOS 5Y3 since then, so I don't know if it prevents the Russian 5Y3's from blowing. No difference in sound at all though.

Thanks for all of the responses. I ordered a couple of NOS RCA 5Y3 tubes. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Latest posts

Back