lss help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsic

Reaction score
Hi all

Just got home with my new LSS.... first ten minutes playing with it, the volume just cuts out in the middle of me playing. I turn it to stnadby, then back again, and i can hear myself again but a minute later it cuts out again.

Is there something i can check myself here? This doesnt sound right....

Thanks-

looks like this only happens in the "bright" reverb setting. as soon as i switch to it, the volume cuts out and the only way to get it back it do shut the amp off/on again. then the sound comes in and out, and still isnt consistent. Sucks! GC here only has a floor model other than this one, and for all this $$ im **** sure i wanna be the only hands that have touched it. :(

Sounds like a cold solder connection.
Call Mesa on Monday and they will take care of it. They are really good about warranty work.

Sounds like a really easy fix that should take less than 30 minutes.

bsic,

Have you tried replacing the first tube and the reverb tubes?

If not, that would be the first thing I would do.

I guess that it is possible that you have a bad reverb tank.

If replacing the tubes does not work, I would take it back to where you bought it and ask them if they would be willing to swap out the reverb tank with the floor model to see if that fixes your issue.

I would also call Mesa first thing tomorrow and ask for their help/suggestions.

Good luck and keep us posted.

zeeman

Don't keep that amp if it's under the 30(60?) day GC return policy, GC can get another one from other GC's in the region within a day or two, stating you don't want a demo. They'll ship it over. Dump the lemon! :evil: Maybe it will fix right through warranty, and maybe not. :( While your waiting and waiting.

FWIW, my LSC was a floor model from GC and after 5 yrs, I've had absolutely no problems. Here's the pro's of a floor model: It has survived the field test, put in the hours, and it works(separates the lemons from the winners). Speaker(s) are broke in. Full warranty applies. You get to take it home immediately! :D Mesa's are well built and made for years(decades) of use.

After you have a quality amp in your hands, be wary of pot smoking techs, shipping companies(UPS etc.), and GC flunkies. Which is what you face in getting this amp repaired. :shock:

Latest posts

Back