LSS Cab Confusion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lethal Shephard

Reaction score
Hi

I'm seriously considering buying a Lonestar Special Head but I don't know what cab to go for. I've only seen LSS 1x12 cabs & I like to go 4x12. Another issue I have is that the head is cocoa & I'd like the cab to match. I know the sound quality is what really matters but it would be nice to look cool too. Another option I'm considering is buying the 1x12 LSS combo & a 1x12 LSS cab.

Any opinions and/or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Hi,

I think your idea of buying the LSS 1 X 12" combo then adding a 1 X 12" cabinet makes a lot of sense. It will give you plenty of sound plus you have the flexibility to just use the combo by itself if need be.

I bought a 4x10 LSS cab with my head but I didn't care for the sound so I got a Lopoline 2x12 cab and loaded it with Blues.

http://www.lopoline.com/catalog/item/3698257/3320022.htm

The color is very, very close (so much so that it looks like a factory cab) and the cab sounds great. Lopoline also has a 4x12 with the same covering so you might want to check that out too.

Thanks guys.

Anyway in the end I bought a Hughes and Kettner Puretone head and a 2x12 cab. I got a good deal on it too,it cost less than the 1x12 Puretone combo. It's not as versatile as a Mesa but it sounds so clean. There's no reverb but with my electro harmonix cathedral it sounds heavenly.

Sorry Mesa

I have what you are looking for....matched head and cabinet, and it does look cool. Get the wide lonestar, open back cabinet.

Latest posts

Back