LSS and booster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmillerc2

Reaction score
does anyone use a booster before a LSS? I'm playing around with a TS808 in front of the LSS. Sounds pretty good. Adds an edge.

I use a Fulltone Fat Boost. It's hard to believe anything can enhance the sound of this amp, but this thing enhances the sound of ANY amp. The LSS is unfriggin'-real sounding with a Fat Boost.

I also use a vintage TS-9 for some smooth saturation. But if I am going for a classic rock overdrive sound (Jeff Beck, Joe Walsh, Led Zepp etc) I have a Rob Keeley Rat pedal that just ooooozes classic distortion tone through this amp w/ the pedal level (volume) around 1:00 and the distortion only at 10:00....it is pretty sweet. Also the Keeley Rat has 2 extra modes toggled in w/ a 3-way mini toggle that make for nice pallot of other tones. In one mode, you get the classic RAT, in another it is like a mellowed out classic RAT sound with a bit of a boost in the bass; the other mode is a clean boost, but I much prefer the Fat Boost for that.

I'm using a BB pre amp that adds overdrive without losing the true tone of the LSS. I use a Barber Direct Drive when I want a marshall-type of overdrive. Both pedals sound great in front of the LSS.

At different times I've tried a reissue TS-9, a DIY TS-808, and a Fulltone OCD with my LSS. My goal was to dial in the LSS for a good crunch on channel 2, and have a pedal to kick in a bit more volume and a bit more gain for solos.

The TS-9 and 808 colored the tone too much. I still might try tinkering with the IC chip in the 808 to find something more transparent. The OCD was on my board originally, and after all the changes, it's back on the board. I like it with the volume up, and very low gain dialed in.

Latest posts

Back