LSS 2x12 reverb not working

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MODD0682

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Would someone be able to tell me how I could trouble shoot the reverb in a LSS. I purchased it used off eBay and the amplifier sounds great, but the verb is dead... :(

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Assuming you know there are two controls for the reverb on the rear panel, and they are not on zero:
1. Get a spare 12AX7 tube.
2. Go to Mesa website, download manual.
3. Manual shows which tube is the reverb tube.
4. Change out reverb tube.
5. When this doesn't work, return here.

Check the cables going to the reverb tank. They can get bumped loose.

Ive you bump the amp does the reverb crash?

I had a reverb issue with my Express. It turned out that it was a bad reverb tank and was replaced under warranty.

The amplifier was shipped to me earlier this week from a previous owner earlier in the week. I'm sure it wasn't packed as well as Mesa would have packed it if it were new.

I did check the wires at the point they are connected to the amplifier. I have not taken the tank out of the cabinet to see if they are stilll attached to the tank, but they are not pulling loose. I will try removing the tank from the cabinet to see if the wires are securely attached.

Thanks for the reply.

I have replaced all 12AX7 tubes, reseated all connections to and from the reverb tank and all I get is a low static filled hum when I turn up the reverb levels. I am going to try a new tank next...

The only warranty repair I've had to claim with my LSC was the reverb transformer. My symptoms were a little different: almost, but not quite, inaudible reverb. None of the above troubleshooting steps could identify the problem for me, so I had to take it to a tech. I am glad it was under warranty in this case, because I think the repair would have cost me around $100...

Latest posts

Back