LSC switching options

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hector

Reaction score
On my Express 5:50, I was told to use stand-by when switching from 5 to 50 watts. Don't know if it's necessary, but it seemed logical. On the LoneStar Classic, is it safe/normal to switch the 50/100 watt toggle and the rectifier/diode toggle while the power is on, or should I switch to stand-by first? The manual says nothing about it, so I assume full power is o.k.

It's completely safe on both models.

The manual doesn't mention it spesifically, but since it talks a lot about the tonal possibilities of switching between the channels both set in different power configurations, I'd assume that it is perfectly safe, as no sane amp company would expect you to put the amp on standby before footswitching between channels. :wink:

You'll just hear a pop when switching to the 10W mode, which is normal and because of rebiasing of the tubes. Diode/Recto is also safe.

The things I'd put the amp on standby before doing are; changing preamp tubes (power tubes, you should power off completely), switching to Tweed Power mode and when unhooking loop/input cables without having to touch the master/output controls.

When changing power tubes, switching the bias switch, changing or hooking up to the speaker jacks, etc., you should power completely off.

"as no sane amp company would expect you to put the amp on standby before footswitching between channels"

Yeah, duh. I guess I missed that simple fact. Thanks for pointing that out.

Latest posts

Back