LSC FX Loop woes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talus

Reaction score
It seems my FX loop is causing my pedals to both distort and clip.

This only happens on channel 1:

There seems to be two distinct problems. The first is that anything that I put in the loop comes back slightly distorted. Echo, chorus, flange and so forth. The base tone is still clean, but the added fx are distorted and slightly staticy sounding. This happens regardless of where the FX level is set to.

Second is the FX loop seems to cause clipping in my pedals. Again, the clean channel. It seems to be dependent on what my FX level and clean volume are set to. Usually I can't get the FX past 10-11, and the clean volume past noon. On one pedal if I hit the guitar hard I'll get a loud popping farting noise that will completely overtake the amp, on another pedal I'll get kind of static fizz overlaying the notes, on another pedal it will just cause a really ugly overdriven sound. Turning the pedals off stops this problem, and the problem doesn't occur if the channel volume and FX volume are set low but the master is set high.

I've cleaned the FX jacks as I've seen suggested elsewhere, but that didn't help any. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back