LSC combo to head/cab conversion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunkyMonkey

Reaction score
Hi all,

I love my LSC but the other night caused a muscular injury at the elbow moving it at the end of a gig - she's a heavy girl.

I could just go and buy a trolley to move it around on, but am exploring whether converting it to a head/cab would be better. It would certainly give me more options if I wanted to buy other amps in the future. Couple of questions though:

1) Does anyone know whether Mesa Boogie would sell me a head shell for the LSC, that I could transfer the unit into?
2) How much of a difference will having a closed cabinet make to the sound? It has been suggested to me that it will make the bass tighter.
3) Can I keep the reverb pan if I switch to a headshell?

In terms of the cabinet, I'd probably just buy a knackered 212 Marshall 1936 and put the speakers from the combo in it. £600 for a Mesa 212 cab seems very expensive when I already own the speakers that would go in one :)

Interested in experiences and views on this one, as what I don't want to do is get rid of the amp!!!

Duncs

There have been a few threads in regards to this....her is one: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=49787

Another has some great pics of before and after but I can't find it.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back