LSC Boost Channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medwards1969

Reaction score
How do you guys set up your lead channel on your Lone Star Classic? I have the short head with 6L6s so I can't insert Yellow Jackets, that option is out.

How should I set it up? Can it make a Mark I style tone in the style of Santana? That was what I was hoping for. Will it work with a Les Paul?

I am lost with how to set up this channel. Right now it is just blastingly loud compared to the clean channel.

I wasn't able to get a really good tone out of the 2nd channel until I re-tubed. I got some JJ's. Now with the drive switched in and the thicker switch on I can get some great vintage OD and Dist. I don't think your going to get a good sound at bedroom volume on the higher gain stuff. Just fizz. Thats what pedals are for.

I've noticed something odd about the lonestars. I have played them several times at guitar center and 3 of the times I went their the lead channel sounded really nice but the other times I went their they sounded really ugly. I recently purchased a Mesa/Boogie Lonestar and I believe it could be defective because the tone just sounds muddy/flabby/ugly. I know Mesa is supposed to rarley have defective amplifiers but something seems fishy to me.

But the Clean Channel sounds awesome! Maybe I am going to set up the other channel without the drive engaged and try to make it a louder clone of the clean channel. Would that be preferrable?

The LSC is voiced differently than the Mark series, but w/the "thicker" switch setting you should be able to get close.

medwards1969 said:
How do you guys set up your lead channel on your Lone Star Classic? I have the short head with 6L6s so I can't insert Yellow Jackets, that option is out.

How should I set it up? Can it make a Mark I style tone in the style of Santana? That was what I was hoping for. Will it work with a Les Paul?

I am lost with how to set up this channel. Right now it is just blastingly loud compared to the clean channel.

Back