Losing sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe_da_pera

Reaction score
Hello!
I have a Triple Rectifier.
After a gig a few days later when i turn my amp on i started to play but my sound was verry low and afer a few minutes it was sarting to lose the sound.

I notice that 1 of the 6L6 tube had a diferent lighting behavior. Can the problem be this tube or can i have more problems besides this tube failure?

thanks for all the help

It's normal for some tubes to illuminate at a different brightness! With that said, most tube amp problems will correlate to failing/bad tubes!

If I were you I might start with trying a different speaker cable. Its definatly cheaper than a new set of tubes and by your description of the problem almost sounds like there is a weak connection or a connection that makes and breaks connection between the poweramp and speaker cabinet. This problem could also blow the fuse pretty quick! So if you notice that the amp will not tun on you might replace the fuse on the back panel and then your speaker cable and then try the amp again. :wink:

Back