Looking for some recommendations?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan28

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a triple rec and im looking for a good:
Reverb pedal. (Ihave been looking at the digiverb by boss.)
Tremolo pedal.
Talk box(and how to hook them up)
and a great wah pedal. I have the original dunlop crybaby.

Please give some feedback.

Only thing I can comment on is the wah.

I had JerryP (FJA Mods) modify my original CryBaby. He has a ton of options to choose from. The CryBaby is a good wah (although mine was starting to not sound so good before I sent it)....Jerry can make them even better. Mine is revoiced and has a slight mid and slight volume boost. Check it out at www.fjamods.com

If you don't want a mod, I'd suggest the Dunlop 535Q. I've got one, and you can dial it in to any sound you want, or for a little more money you can get the CFH Crybaby From Hell. That things sweet too. Heard great tones out of it from a band last night.

-AJH

I know how to set up a talk box. I don't own one, my friend does. I become his "guitar tech" when he plays out.

Basically it goes between your amp and your speakers.

You need a PA system, for the microphone, because the signal is going through the talk box now, up the tube and into your mouth. The tube should be taped, zip-tied, or whatever to your mic. Also the tube should stick about 1-2 inches past the microphone so you can get it inside your mouth, but not too far because you need part of your mouth on the mic because the mic will be picking up the signal now. The way you position your mouth will give you different sounds. Doing your A-B-C will help to achieve different sounds.

Hope that helps.

* Wah - Depends on what you like, if you like the Cry Baby you'd probably like a Buddah Wah or a Vox Wah. I tried Morley wah's and don't like them. Or, stick with you Crybaby, they're great wah's! If I didn't have the Buddah Wah, I'd be checking out the Zakk Wylde wah.

* Tremolo pedal - Behringer has a $20 Tremolo pedal that I use every weekend and every practice and I think it sounds as good as the $125 ones. It has "Depth" "Speed" and wave type (squared, rounded, to triangled or anywhere in between). It's a hard plastic pedal, but should last a while if you treat it good.

* Reverb - Also depends on what you like, I like good old fashioned spring reverb and that's probably why I like the Holy Grail reverb pedal... Only played with one once, but it seemed pretty cool and could get pretty "lush".

* Talk box - Never touched one or even seen one in person, I've been thinking lately about getting one.

I have had a vox and it was a good classic wah. I now own a ZW from Dunlop. It is different but I guess in a good way because I bought it. I also like to use a Rotovibe too. You might want to check one out considering the items you listed. It does vibrato/tremolo and chorus and has a level adjustment on the side with an effect kickswitch to switch between the two. I have always wanted a Morley Volume/Distortion/Wah but for some reason never get around to buying one.... It is my elusive pedal. For that matter, I have 3 Les Pauls and since shopping for the first one I have been telling myself that I am going to buy a Custom and for some reason never do. The Custom is my elusive guitar. The last few times I tried to buy a Custom I ended up with something else ( an American Standard Strat, a Flying V, and an Explorer). Maybe next time?

I know I already commented on wahs but...

This isn't from my experience, but I've heard that the Z. Wylde Wah pedal sucks. Said it has no volume, it's only good for one type of wah and that that type isn't that great. Preferred was the 535Q (i love that thing) or the CFH. Also, the Tremonti Power wah seems to be a good one.

-AJH

For high gain wah, you want the AnalogMan Wizard Wah.

Reverb... Line 6 Verbzilla or the T-Rex Roommate

Can't help you on the other two.

nathan28 said:
Hey guys I have a triple rec and im looking for a good:
Reverb pedal. (Ihave been looking at the digiverb by boss.)
Tremolo pedal.
Talk box(and how to hook them up)
and a great wah pedal. I have the original dunlop crybaby.

Please give some feedback.

Okay, I'm gonna give you a recommendation that will knock your socks off and if you don't get it and get something else you will be sorry and you will miss out on killer tone...

For Reverb & Tremolo: Peavey Valverb

3 preamp tubes, rack mounted, real spring reverb, chrome face, chickenhead knobs, blah, blah it's fucking beautiful and sounds delicious.

This is the only piece of gear I've owned that still makes me smile after owning it for a while and even when it doesn't get as much usage as I'd like.

Definitely heard great things about the valverb!

For the wah, I've never been happier than with my Morley Tremonti power wah! Amazing pedal!

morley wahs are great IMO...quite and very easy to adjust tone's...reverb the holy grail by eletro-harmonics...very sweet...tremelo the boss is pretty good..

Latest posts

Back