LOOKING FOR AVENGED SEVENFOLD SOUND

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swivs

Reaction score
HEY THERE IM LOOKING FOR AVENGED SEVENFOLD/ SAOSIN TYPE OF SOUND OUT OF MY ROADSTER ANY SUGGESTIONS OR FALLOUT BOY/ RED JUMPSUITE APPERATUS TYPE OF SOUND THANX GUYS LONG LIVE THE BOOGIE

EL34 tubes would be a good start. I know A7X recorded thier last two albums using a Bogner Uberschall and a rare Bogner amp called a Caveman i believe. Both loaded with EL34's. For solos i know they boost the distortion on the amp with an overdrive pedal. I believe Gates said he uses a BOSS SD-1 for that.

Actually the first A7X album both guitarists recoreded with 2 channel dual rec's. Then the second album was recorded with a one 2 channel dual rec and a bogner Ubershall and probaly some other amps thrown on top. Now they might have changed since then, but I know live they were also using the ubershall/dual rec setup, but last time i saw them live was right before they recorded there last album, so about three years ago.

As to fall out boy, the first two albums where 2 channel dual rec's, there last album was a mix of everything. I know however that they have been through alot of equiptment when touring. The guitarist, i forget his name, I know he has used Krank, Ubershall and originally dual recs, on this last tour they had there amp heads hidden so i couldnt see. Patrick (lead singer) seems to still be using a dual rec, when I last saw them in concert you can tell he was and he had the best tone out of the two, there is just no mistaking the rec modern tone. The other guitarist had a very buzzy annoying tone and I had no clue what amp he was using.

As to red jumpsuit they both use 3 channel dual rec's. I just saw them on warped tour and they sounded great.

RoadKinger483 said:
EL34 tubes would be a good start. I know A7X recorded thier last two albums using a Bogner Uberschall and a rare Bogner amp called a Caveman i believe. Both loaded with EL34's. For solos i know they boost the distortion on the amp with an overdrive pedal. I believe Gates said he uses a BOSS SD-1 for that.

i have a duel rec roadster but my setting are just not right i have been trying to get that sound and havent yet, i use a les paul custom and a mesa 2x12 amp so any examples of settings i can use to get thaose sounds, thanx guys

Back