Lonestar with Axe Fx as preamp...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danjel

Reaction score
I have a Lonestar that I absolutely ADORE! This is without a doubt the best amp I have ever played! I am looking to buy a Axe Fx Ultra which I was thinking about using as a preamp. I was wondering if I can run the Axe Fx output into the Lonestars RETURN in the loop to utilize only the powersection as I would in a normal amp? I think I have read somewhere that this is not a great idea to do on the Lonestar. Anybode have any input on the idea?

What I want to do is use the LS as a poweramp... Is this possible or not something that is recomended?

Yes! You can absolutely can use the Lonestar as a power amp like you describe. You can also use the "4 cable method" that will let you use the Lonestar preamp with the AxeFX for effects only, or use the AxeFX as a preamp. I do this with my Mark V and LSS with no problems. So versatile!

Fred

Great! How are you liking pairing your axe with your lonestar? How do you run your rig? How is the axe live?

Danjel said:
Great! How are you liking pairing your axe with your lonestar? How do you run your rig? How is the axe live?

The AxeFX sounds great with any amp :) . I run it in the 4 cable mode so the guitar runs into the AxeFX, then into the front and loop of the amp. That lets me use the AFX stomp effects in front of the amp and time-based effects in the loop. I have a MidiMate that switches the AFX and the amp (via AmpGizmo). With that setup, I can also switch to a patch that uses an amp sim directly into the LSS power amp. The possibilities are staggering. :lol:

Latest posts

Back