Lonestar Special problems??? Who's in the know?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocksOff

Reaction score
Okies people... i got me some problems, and before i send this little sucker to Mesa I thought I'd ask you guys what you thought. Channel one is fine. Channel two has some serious problems in each wattage config. Here goes:

Chnl 2 @ 30 watts: When i hit certain high notes at a loud volume, or certain low chordings at high volumes the amp cuts out and sputters popping noises intermittently. I have the same problems at both 15 and 5 watts in varying degrees.

Now here's the kicker. I called Michael Wolf and he said it was the rectifier tube. He sent me one. I received it today and installed it. The same problem is still there. Anybody have any ideas? These Mesa's are troubleshooting nightmares for me. I can completely repair any old single channel amps or master volume amps... but just don't wanna dig into this lil fellow yet.

RocksOff said:
Okies people... i got me some problems, and before i send this little sucker to Mesa I thought I'd ask you guys what you thought. Channel one is fine. Channel two has some serious problems in each wattage config. Here goes:

Chnl 2 @ 30 watts: When i hit certain high notes at a loud volume, or certain low chordings at high volumes the amp cuts out and sputters popping noises intermittently. I have the same problems at both 15 and 5 watts in varying degrees.

Now here's the kicker. I called Michael Wolf and he said it was the rectifier tube. He sent me one. I received it today and installed it. The same problem is still there. Anybody have any ideas? These Mesa's are troubleshooting nightmares for me. I can completely repair any old single channel amps or master volume amps... but just don't wanna dig into this lil fellow yet.

maybe the phase inverter tube is severely mismatched or screwed up although i have no experience with the lonestar line

RocksOff said:

maybe the phase inverter tube is severely mismatched or screwed up although i have no experience with the lonestar line

Latest posts

Back