Lonestar Special 1x12 or 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallace

Reaction score
I need a some help. I would like to buy the LSS 1x12. Is there a big different in sound
between the 1x12 and the 2x12 model? A LSS 2x12 is in the store now, but I would go
for the 1x12 because of weight and size. I could use the thiele 1x12 cabinets of my rack
if I need more sound? What do you think?

Honestly? I'd buy a head and a 1x12 cab....oh I did!!

Get the 1x12 - you can always add more 1x12 cabs for sound seperation and girth which it sounds like you are already geared up to do...

that make sense to me. Thank you!

I see only one version of the LSS 1x12 combo on the Boogi pricelist. Is that the medium one or has it the same size as the 2x12 version?

The 2x12 combo will give you a bit wider spread of sound, potentially more clean head room, and the larger cabinet size also effects tone. If you are concerned about weight and size, go with the 1x12. If you don't mind hauling a Theile cab or two, buy the head. I generally prefer combos for their open back dispersion.

FWIW, I put my LSC into a LSS 1x12 cabinet, and it probably shaved off 12-15 pounds. The smaller size is easier to lug in and out of my car's trunk. When I switched to the smaller cabinet, there was a reduction in low end, the midrange is a bit less smooth, and the overall sound is a wee bit "boxy". As the LSC has excessive bass, the smaller cab size actually helped a bit. The boxy issue I can live with, as a trade off for less weight and better portability. I mention this, as the cabinet size will have some impact on the LSS, like it did with my LSC.

Whatever you buy, enjoy it and play often!

Latest posts

Back