Lonestar FX Loop overdrive??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojosteve

Reaction score
Hey, dont know if anyone else experienced this, when I activate the FX loop my chanel 1 clean sound is no longer clean. I read through the manual and I understand that the chanel master volume has to be kept low and I aslo have the fx I'm running through at a low setting. I also tried the fx loop active with no connected fx and the gainier sound is still there! I ran Lonestar in the fx bypass mode and it sounded great, any help would be very much appreciated!

Steve

Usually or there abouts, I've tried between 8-12 and I still get the same sound.

Suggested FX Send level seems to be between 12-2:00. Lower than that really throws some attenuation on your signal... it's ok, just maybe not the most efficient handling of your signal.

Regardless, distortion with your loop engaged is not normal and probably means you have a bad tube. If you have a spare 12AX7 that you know is good, try swapping it into the V3 socket. If it cleans up, it was your original tube.

If it's still distorted, you have a different problem... you could try cleaning the jack with some contact cleaner on a cable, pushed in and pulled out a few times. But that's usually a remedy for the signal cutting in and out altogether because of dirty loop contacts. This might be something else, and might need a tech's eye on it.

Thanks for the help guys, after taking the lonestar to a tech It seems to be a trade off between the gain and master volume on channel 1. Getting the best results with gain at 9 and master at 2. The teck also performed the Reeder pot swap mod, what a difference this mod makes! Cleans channel 2 right up and such a basic mod. Will definitely check valve 3 incase its on its way out.

Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back