Lonestar fuse blew now no sound with new fuse!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure ... I don't know enough about how these problems interact, but what you're assuming makes sense. Sorry, I'm wondering now too.

gts said:
anybody have an idea what's going on?

Lonestar blew a fuse and when I replaced it--lights on
but no sound. I was playing in my room at a low volume too!

Tube problems is usually the fisrt thing to check when a fuse goes . Call mesa artist relations at 707 778 6565 . They can help you . they are on the west coast so remember depending on where you are there could be a time difference .

Check the rectifier tube... if it's an LSS try putting it in 30W mode and see if you get sound (5/15 use the tube, 30 uses diode). If you do get sound in 30W mode then try replacing the rectifier tube.

Maybe the first fuse blew at the same exact time a tube went bad.

Now you are replacing the fuse but still have a bad tube and that's why you aren't getting any sound. I'd try swapping out some tubes. You really need some spare tubes to troubleshoot problems like this there really isn't any other way around it. It could very well be a power tube or a rectifier tube.

I'm pretty sure that lights + no sound is usually the sign of a recto tube gone bad.

Latest posts

Back