Lonestar Classic - Clean Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippingrudy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am wondering how you guys set the levels for your clean tones.

What I am looking for is a REALLY loud clean tone with no fur on it. Specifically, I wonder how you set the gain knob in relation to the volume knob. Do you crank the volume up to 10 and then raise the gain from zero to whatever level you want OR do you set the gain at half way and turn up the volume from zero to get what you want.

The drive channel makes more sense.. You want more gain so you have to crank it up more and use the volume to get the overall level.

I've always wondered if it hurts the amp to crank the master volume to 10 and use the gain to set the actual level.

That sounds about right. But from experience, gain at 11:00 is about the best compromise. Gain at 10:00 loses overall vol. but is a skosh cleaner. I don't think it will hurt the amp, just burn tubes faster.

Try cranking the Output. Keep the Gain and Master right down.
It will alter the way you use the 2nd ch maybe.
Adds clarity to both channels. YMMV

Always try to turn up my master global knob as much as possible ...
Hardly use any mids at all for a maximum clean sound... mids tend to add some grit to the tone if turned up to high IMO

Latest posts

Back