Lonestar 2x12 to Express 5:25 1x12 to Express 5:50 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Duncan

Reaction score
Howdy...I'm new here and new to the world of spending more than a few hundred bucks for an amp (just kidding). I've bought each amp I've spelled out in my title line and can't decide which one is for me.

I play an SRV Strat, a '62 Telecaster Custom, and DGT PRS - and am looking for a "Swiss Army" amp.

....to be honest, I'm loving the 5:25, but want to get something that I can go to a local bar and play, go to friend's and jam, or just rock out in the basement.

Thanks!

Mike D.

I would say that the 5:25 is the amp to do all those things. In 25W mode it's loud enough to hold it's own with other musicians.

Mike Duncan said:
....to be honest, I'm loving the 5:25, but want to get something that I can go to a local bar and play, go to friend's and jam, or just rock out in the basement.

That's what I use my 5:50 1x12 for.

The 5:50 2x12 and Lonestar weighed too much for me to carry (bad back). The 5:25 1x10 sounded too boxy and the 5:25 1x12 wasn't available when I bought my amp though I think it would've gotten the job done.

The 5:50 1x12 is just right for me.

I don't get it mike,

you say you've already got all 3 of these amps so you're in a better position to answer your own questions than anyone else here.

The 5:50 1x12 is perhaps a compromise solution if you think you need more headroom/power than the 5:25.

Latest posts

Back