Logic on Mesa/Boogie decal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jukesgtr

Reaction score
Just interested in knowing: My MK4 has a "Mesa/Boogie" name plate attached to the from of the amp, most of Mark IVs I have seen have just "Boogie". Is this related to the series, time of manufacture or something else? Thanx.

Does it have the cut out of the cabinet to attach the footswitch?

I have never seen a Mesa Boogie Logo on a MK IV. Just Boogie, but I have heard that it was an option on the IIC and MK III.

Boogiebabies said:
Does it have the cut out of the cabinet to attach the footswitch?

I have never seen a Mesa Boogie Logo on a MK IV. Just Boogie, but I have heard that it was an option on the IIC and MK III.

This is becoming interesting! Yes I can attach the foot switch to the back of them amp to protect the tubes when hauling it. And remember this is the combo that has that strange 400W EVM speaker in it.

Grandor said:
Maybe it was modded?

Everything is possible but when I called Mesa they said this amp probably came with that unusual speaker from their custom shop in 1993. Perhaps the logo reflects that too. Anyway, I cannot see any visible mods to the amp so maybe I have a super rare gem in my hands!!!

Grandor, also removed the long Mesa/Boogie logo to look behind it, could not see extra screw holes for a shorter Boogie logo, seems that at least the logo was not modded....

My MKIV is a 2005 and it has the "Boogie" label on it but the 2005 Mesa catalogue has pictures of the MKIV in it with the "Mesa/Boogie" name plate on it. They probably ran out of "Boogie" nameplates for a time????

srf399 said:
My MKIV is a 2005 and it has the "Boogie" label on it but the 2005 Mesa catalogue has pictures of the MKIV in it with the "Mesa/Boogie" name plate on it. They probably ran out of "Boogie" nameplates for a time????

Makes sense and that can very well be the reason the logo in my amp too. Tks.

All you have to do is ask for it when you order it. It is a different baffle with an extention to hold the right screw and the long logo. My oldest IIC+
has the baffle and long name plate. Mesa generally reserved these for the long chassis and K series, but it could have been ordered that way. I rememer the guy had it up on e-bay and everyone thought it was a fake.
This perfect IIC+ did not sell for $ 1800.00. I e-mailed him and made a trip to WV to get it for $ 1500.00. I love the uninformed.

boogiebabies, i understand what do you mean. in this photo

http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-GUITAR-AMPLIFIER-MARK-IV-4_W0QQitemZ7385723140QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i can clearly see the baffle for the shorter name plate. Thanks!

I've got a MarkIV short head, and the logo is "Boogie", a friend of mine got the Long head, and
the logo is "Mesa/Boogie"

Yeah Boogiebabies, what I meant that the photo just confirms that a longer logo needs a different baffle.

Antoine, just for my curiosity, did your buddy specifically order that longer logo if he bougth his amp new?

Jukesgtr, my friend has bougth his amp new in 1995, just a normal order without any specifications ! I've bougth mine new in 1999, without any specifications too !

Antoine said:
Jukesgtr, my friend has bougth his amp new in 1995, just a normal order without any specifications ! I've bougth mine new in 1999, without any specifications too !

OK, thanks for this additional info!

Latest posts

Back