little prob with mark iv.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marko

Reaction score
hi everyone. im new here and id like to take a second to say how amazing this site is. theres seem to be many great people.

i bought my mark iv brand new 2 month ago. i have to say that i really appreciate what this amp do for me. many tweakable tone is what i was looking for and think i got more than just that.this amp just sound awesome.
the little problem i think i have came when i was in search of the tone that suit me best. i was tweaking nob and meesing with push and pull option and, after half an hour, i notive something; you know , when i was turning the treble knob, i could hear the difference in tone, and samething with the bass knob, and anyway, all the knob seem to work well exept the Mid knob for the lead channel. if i set the mid to 2 or to 8, i just cant ear the difference in the tone i have. is it normal having trouble earing the mid difference in the mark iv when messing with the mid button? when i mess with the EQ, i clearly ear the tone when i play with the 750.And i had an el diablo before my mark iv and the mid button was chanching the tone big time you know.
so is ti possible that this button is just not working??
:?

Hey. That's just one of the quirks of the Mark series's pre-distortion eq. The more gain and treble you have, the less effect the mid control has. Don't worry about it. That's why you have the slider eq.

~trem

well, there is always a case where there is a real problem, but in my opinion all seems fine. The mid knob on Mark Series amp (works the same on my Mesa Studio Preamp) is the less effective control, while treble is the most effective, affecting also the overall gain. Graphic EQ sliders are instead very effective, and imho the one which more affects the voicing of the lead channel is indeed the 750Hz slider (want juicy solos or mid-scooped Metallica rhythm distortion?).
So, in the end, try listening more carefully and you'll notice a very slightly difference also when turning the mid knob, even if the tone affection is, as said, really light.

This control on this mode is very laid back, hit a chord let it ring and go 0-10 (fairly quickly) with the mid control you “should” hear a difference. It stands out a little bit more if the voicing is set to mid gain, but still laid back. If your hearing no difference yeah something is up.

Latest posts

Back