Late 90s and current Triple Rec (both 3 ch) differences?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norrin radd

Reaction score
the title says it all.
I've listened to a few clips of un-modded 3 channel Triple Rec from the late 90s. Are they different to the current ones?

Yes, generally speaking, the new ones are more bright (hi-gain), more metal less numetal tones if you like and improved clean on ch1.

The old 3 channels will not just sound like nu-metal, and basically you could make the new one do nu-metal as well, basically the newer ones are brighter and less fizzy at low volumes. Honestly you can go with either.

Thanks for the info guys! do you know how could I get the year production starting from serial number? :)

What I meant was that the old 3ch ones have a darker tone, so it will suit the numetal genre better, not only - nevertheless the boom of the recto was with the numetal scene! It still is a very versatile amp; I have one and I love it but I've put an OD pedal in the front so it brings me more that metal tone which I like better. The new ones capture more the true essencial of metal (IMO), they are brighter and a bit tighter. Both can reproduce excelent tones so its a matter of taste... Almost forgot, in the new ones you can reduce the watts per channel.

As for the Recto history you can allways read this thread: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=1699&highlight=history

Latest posts

Back