Knob Markings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6002

Reaction score
I haven't seen many Mesa amps with markings on the knobs. Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks

EDIT: Knob Markings = the 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 numbers around the knob;)

To each their own, I just sold my JCM800. My Mark IV is sitting next to my DR.

Russ said:
To each their own, I just sold my JCM800. My Mark IV is sitting next to my DR.
Ah, well... the '83-'85 JCM800s were godly! (my 2nd choice would be a DR ;))

I actually prefer my '77 JMP over any 800, but the '88 2210 I just sold was pretty fun. BTW there are no numbers on a DR. :wink:

Russ said:
I actually prefer my '77 JMP over any 800, but the '88 2210 I just sold was pretty fun. BTW there are no numbers on a DR. :wink:
I know there aren't any numbers on a DR. :(, but it sounds good. :p

Actually I prefer the 81-82 2203 over any other 800 but that might just be because it stayed closer to the JMP.

Add pinstripe tape markers to the knob or faceplate. These have adhesive backing, and are easily removed without damage to the amp.

:twisted: I am not a number.... I am a Free man....hahahahahaa :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

No offense meant to be given but...
You use Mesa's with FEEL and VIBE, you don't need no stinkin' number to tell you where it sounds good !

ThunderMonkey said:
:twisted: I am not a number.... I am a Free man....hahahahahaa :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

No offense meant to be given but...
You use Mesa's with FEEL and VIBE, you don't need no stinkin' number to tell you where it sounds good !

I agree thats the coolest thing about a mesa dialing in on feel and also the jackas asking what are your settings at the show and he can't figure it out becasue he can't see the little indents lol

No, but I'd like a reference incase someone accidently moved them. And it would be a lot easier to record them for future reference.

very true,even Mr Petrucci records his settings,and he is a machine.lol

yeah take down your settings as it is easier to have the settings in front of you and then using these as a basis to work from,every venue will mean retweeking your settings becuase of the different environment so if you have a basis to work off of then it will make it easier and faster each gig,belive me its tried and tested :):)

Back