Keep it simple

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prsman88

Reaction score
After spending a few months chasing tone I have finally gotten to a point where I realize a little more about it.

I was running

Front

Shure PGX14 wireless - Boss TU-2 - Boss NS-2 - Maxon OD808 in the loop of the NS-2 with an occasional Boss Loop Pedal - Head

Loop

Send - Maxon GE601 EQ - Boss DD-20 - Return

Running one monster rock gold and one horizon in the front and a horizon and fender in the loop

I have since taken out the wireless, noise gate, loop pedal, dd-20, and eq and am now left with just a od808 out front. Its amazing the difference there is in my sound. It has opened up my sound, cleared it of noise and fizz some, and has cut noise to just feedback in the front (od808) eaisy stopped with volume on guitar.

Point being after I finally discovered how to dial in my head all this stuff seemed to just be in the way.

BUT I really want to get some reverb, delay, and such at my reach without killing my tone.

Any thoughts on a TC-Electronic G Major? I was thinking of running one of those in my loop for all my effects and just my od out front.

Thanks
sorry for the long post
Nate

I'd bet a lot of the "tone sucking" came from the wireless. they're notorious for that...

I use a TU-2 also... did you a/b with just swapping that in/out of your chain? i'll try that next time I get a chance...

actually, i didn't ab just the tu-2. i kinda got on a roll with the taking things out because i just wanted to get a pure as signal as possible. i ONLY use the wireless live and i could tell that i wasn't awesome for the tone. i still wasn't happy with my sound without the wireless being used. I feel like it could be my patch cables (generic brand) that are the biggest factor, but again I like the idea of my signal going through as little as possible.

I was watching a clip on Andy Timmons rig and he was talking about tuners. He said its important to have a true bybass tuner (like a peterson strobe) so that your sound is unaffected, whereas the tu-2 can color or affect it somewhat.

Any thoughts on rack systems? Do they color tone?

In specific the G Major, it claims it doesnt.

I am looking for these effects reverb, delay, detune, noise, and maybe a tuner (can buy a rack tuner if need)

Thanks

Get you some better patch cables. My George Ls are great. They will induce a lot of hum. Monster cables work well too (and have lifetime warranty)

Latest posts

Back