Just Played the 10 Watt Class A Lonestar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickc007

Reaction score
this is one rich sounding amp

played the 2x12 version, big time nice
very impressed, very thick sounding

couldn't spend a lot of time with it today
so I was just checking out the 10 watt mode
the gain channel is quite good as well
seemed to have a little more bite the the LSS

anyone else demo this one yet

You're killin' me man.....heh heh I'm about 2 mos in to what i was told was going to be a 3 mo wait for mine to be delivered. But, i'm willing to suffer some more, if you're willing to post more of your thoughts on the amp. So far I like what you're saying about the 10 watt setting.

i am waiting for our music store to bring one in so i can try it. i have already a lss 2x12 but would like a lsc for my les paul and a 2x12 is the way i would go have you tried it against a 5.50 i wounder what the take is on the two amps. i love my lss 2x12 and its a keeper but not that good for humbuckers.

what are these badboys like with a tele and some country licks being sizzled through them,I would like to get one of these to complement my dual rec 3 channel,either one of these or a MKIV,lonestars seem to be a comletly different amp to the MKIV and Rec's,these amps are just gain monsters and thats there main purpose,IMHO

but the lonestars seem to be alot more defined,more musical and more along the tones you find coming from great tonal masters,

What do you guys think

Im thinking about Petrucci's last set up,RKI's for crunch,leads etc and Lonestars for breakup and cleans

What do you lonestar owners think of these two side by side

I just saw the G3 tour on Thursday and Bruce Bouillet was using these. His tone was killer. Great sounding amp. He was using some kind of LP copy but I couldn't see the name on the headstock. When he and Gilbert were doing the Racer X stuff it was mind blowing. Too bad Gilbert insists on using those god awful Laneys. His tone was horrible. I am going to go out on a limb and say that Bouillet was not using his amp in 10 watt mode. LOL!!!

BTW Petrucci was using a RK and his Mark IVs. Absolutely bone crunching tone. The best tone of the evening by far.

I was there Thurs. too. Awesome show. I thought Bruce was playing through a Stiletto Ace 212 Combo. That's what it looked like to me. He never left Channel 2.

Here's a pic from the Boston show: http://www.johnnya.com/news.htm#
Open from link on Johnny's site.

joe.h said:
i have you tried it against a 5.50 i wounder what the take is on the two amps. i love my lss 2x12 and its a keeper but not that good for humbuckers.

I did compare it to the 5:50, there was one right next to it

I like the 5:50, and the F-50
the Lonestar had a warmer richer clean, but then again
it was a 2x12 vs a 1x12

have to spend more time with it, but it has a really nice
tone

I was there Thurs. too. Awesome show. I thought Bruce was playing through a Stiletto Ace 212 Combo. That's what it looked like to me. He never left Channel 2.

Hmmmm...you might be right. I was right in front of him and it looked like a Lonestar, but I could have been mistaken. Either way, his tone was great.

Back