Just got my Rect-O-Verb.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreventThis

Reaction score
I just got my Rect-O-Verb yesterday and I absolutely love it. Its my first tube amp Ive owned (played on several but never owned one). I was going to buy a DR and a 2x12 but I couldnt find either anywhere around me within like 5 hours. So I decided to buy this Rect-O-Verb at my local Mesa Dealer. I love the tone this thing makes. The reverb isnt the best but hey I dont even use reverb when playing rhythm which is what I like to play. The thing is definitley loud. I had the master at about 10 o'clock and then the output at about 6-7 o'clock and It was easily keeping up with my band. But anyway this is a great amp and I am very happy with my purchase.

Congratulations, I am sure you will enjoy it more and more as you get use to fiddling with the controls. I've had (and have) numerous tube amps, including several Fenders, Marshall and Vox AC30, and got a Lonestar Special just over a week ago. Every day when I playing around with it makes me love it more and more.

Id hate to throw this out there so fast already, but adding that 2x12 recto cab with the 3 speakers together is whole new world of sound out of this monster. And dont forget you can also run some el34's in it if you want.

Yeah. Ill prolly add a 2x12 recto cab later on. Ive been playing with it more today and I keep getting these awesome tones for it. Its hard to write them all down. lol.

I think thats cool, and bad, at the same time.

Personally, I'd of waited out for the DR and 2x12.. but the ROV is pretty rad anyways.

Congrats

Glad to hear you really like the sounds your getting,, if thats the case then try and do your best to hold off getting into all the extras.
As great as this board is, it quickly will have you second guessing everything you just spent all your hard earned money on.
Remember this very thread three months from now when half this board will have you thinking you have to get a Mark4 and matching Thiel cab in order to achieve the greatest sound on earth.
Just remember why you chose the ROV in the first place and remember those sounds you like so much when you start second guessing everything. Good luck

recto-robbie said:
Id hate to throw this out there so fast already, but adding that 2x12 recto cab with the 3 speakers together is whole new world of sound out of this monster. And dont forget you can also run some el34's in it if you want.

+1 On adding the 2x12 rectifier cab
+1 on el-34's
+1 on Robies later post to be patient and don't go crazy on a lot of "extras."

He and I had many discussion on the pros and cons of ROV's and DR's. He stayed with the ROV and I went with the DR. Don't let him BS you though, he posted about looking into a Stilletto Ace vs Deuce! :p

Welcome to the fold. It's a great amp and I am proud to have owned one.

Yeah I had really thought about waiting on the DR but I realized that most of its features that the Rect-O-Verb didnt have I wouldnt use anyway. As far as the EL-34's go I will wait till my tubes go out before changing them. Ill have to listen to a few clips of them to see if I like them or not. Mesa definitley doesnt make crap though. The amp is massive for a combo and it weighs like 80 lbs. I like almost fell down my steps like 5 times carrying it down them. Im definitley making something to sit it on with wheels so I can move it easier. Im going to also put a slide out pedal board underneath it where I can put my Noise Suppressor and Pod XT live (no longer using the pod for distortion its just for stomp effects).

Yeah. Its seems the tone is pretty tight for a recto. Obviously its not as tight as a Mark or anything but its pretty tight. Its not too awful hard to get a good tone out of it. The eq is pretty sensitive though so if your getting close to the sound you want dont change too much or youll lose all your hard work. I play rhythm guitar in my band and Ive been using it and it works well.

Latest posts

Back